Friday, September 18, 2009

Feeling a little better

Well, friends, I'm feeling a little less overwhelmed. Thank you for your prayers during last week and it's difficulties. While we have more weeks for a semester this fall, we have been given group projects and individual papers now which take up just as much time as this summer's studies. Last week was a group project week so it's always hectic to manage 4 schedules and get over the nerves of speaking in front of people out of the body.

We had our first Pediatrics test this week and it went better than expected. I have to admit that I made poor choices this past weekend and didn't study like I should (poor choices = good choices socially). I may have had a mini breakdown Sunday night, but praise Jesus for having 6 hours Monday morning to study (I love having a class that starts at 12:30). I faired well and got a 92% on the test even though I had no idea what to expect after taking it. These nursing tests are so difficult and I never know how to feel.

Anyway, I'm excited to go into work tomorrow and work with my heart kiddos. I love my clinicals on a different floor of the hospital, but my heart is with the cardiac kids (probably because most of them are babies). Hopefully I'll learn some new skills and also get some reading done.

No comments: