Wednesday, March 4, 2009

it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood

What an absolutely beautiful day outside today!  I am thankful for my husband who forces me to walk around outside, even when I complain.  

We just returned from our adventure downtown.  First of all, I have my new computer!! Yay!  Now I don't have to learn patience anymore from the old computer...er...maybe I should still work on that.  

After buying the macbook, we decided to walk to the nearest Sprint store to see what deals they could offer us (having no intention of ever switching back to Sprint).  You see, we are a few months away from renewing our contract (even though we only thought we were a few days away) and wanted some bargaining leverage.  Well, he failed to tell me that the sprint store was a leisurely stroll, one mile away.  That doesn't seem like a leisurely stroll for lazy old Julie.

Anyway, to make a long story short, we found the Sprint store, gave a homeless man some change, ate some Imo's pizza (well, Sam did, I had a salad since I gave cheese up for lent), and gave another homeless man some garlic bread all on our 2-mile round trip walk.

My favorite part was walking past 4 stray dogs laying in the grass taking in the sun's rays.  What a life!

No comments: