Friday, June 5, 2009

this is HARD!

To anyone who I told that I was doing well:

I spoke way too soon. This program is hard and today I thought I'd flunked out. Well, at least my version of flunking (yes, Marta, my perfectionistic qualities are coming through at the moment).

I was doing great up until 6/2/09 (which happened to be the date of my last post). As I finished up some studying for my quiz for Wednesday, I decided to double check the assignments for Fundamentals which was starting Thursday. BAD/GOOD idea. Good because I saw how much there was to do. Bad because I saw how much I had to do. Here is what I saw:

For Thursday
Potter-Perry Ch. 1-6
ATI Review Modules Ch. 1-5
Nugent pp. 25-39, 64-92
2 concept mapping articles
(Okay this is doable in addition to my lab assigments)

For Friday
Potter-Perry Ch. 34, 37, 47, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
ATI Review Modules 49, 50, 58, 48, 53, 51, 7
Nugent pp. 172-182, 235-247, 221-234, 147-157
Ackley (what?! another book?!) pp. 1-14
(on top of this, I had a huge pathophysiology test to study for)

that is 15 chapters, people, plus another many pages of reading. with a test in another class to boot! I kind of started to freak out.

So I decided to focus on the assignment for Thursday. Wednesday I focused but also took an hour and a half break to go to free root beer float night at Sonic. I was up til 1am doing homework.

Thursday afternoon, I definitely cried to my mom over the phone on my way home. I was just so overwhelmed because I didn't have enough time to study and it was a lot of material and I knew I was going to do nothing towards my Fundamentals assigned reading.

So I studied til about 1am last night/this morning. And I don't know if studying for a week would have made the test any better. Nursing has this thing where 75% is passing. The test average was a 74%. Oops! After I handed in my test, I may have overreacted by tweeting plans of flunking out of the program because I passed (79%) but still. That was HARD!

So now, I'm super overwhelmed because I had to study for my Fundamentals test on Monday, patho quiz on Monday, Patho quiz Wednesday, and Fundamentals test-out Tuesday, and Fundamentals test (#2) on Friday. I'm in over my head. AND I have to work this Sunday.

I'm in deep trouble.

This is how I feel right now:


boo on school! poop on patho!
(I know, mature, right?)

No comments: