Tuesday, June 15, 2010

365 day FAIL

I know that I've already failed at this, but I skipped two days in a row and then one more a couple days later.  However, I will post what I have.

I've started RN/Grad Nurse Orientation at Children's Mercy and am ready to get to the floor.  Except for the fact that I will be working nights.  We'll see how that goes.  My first week is two shifts in a row, so I'm excited that I won't have to flip flop midway through the week to stay on a "normal" schedule when I'm not working.

Camp has been great and Sam is going full force.  3 of my girls were out there week 1 teen staffing for Sam.  They just amaze me.  You know what else amazes me?  These pictures.  Kyle Twogood took pictures of the girls and he posted them on his website HERE.


I better get to bed.  I want to be able to stay awake for more orientation stuff tomorrow!

June 4, 2010: 2nd Annual Friends Piano Recital
Twila hosted her piano recital again this year.  There were good times, great music, and wonderful people there (and pretty flowers).  This is the group of pianists.

June 5, 2010: Wedding Weekend
We had a crazy weekend of two weddings and a bridal shower.  I didn't take any pictures of the shower, but this is the first wedding.  Sam's best man, Greg, got married in Springfield to a beautiful girl named Yvonne.  It was an outdoor wedding in her parents' backyard and it was beautiful, but HOT!

June 6th, 2010: Jon and Stephanie
We drove back to Lee's Summit just in time for me to attend a bridal shower for our friend Stevie and then I immediately joined Sam to go to Jon and Stephanie's wedding.  Jon and Sam did Sports Night at Lakeland together.  It was also a beautiful wedding, outside, so it was also hot.  So hot in fact, that Sam rolled up his pants and I had to take of my shoes because the medal clasps were burning my foot.

June 7th, 2010: Deer Damage
Sam and I left for Youthfront in one car Sunday night.  Because my car was just sitting around, I offered to let our friend Derrick borrow it if he needed as he prepared to leave for India.  However, I received a phone call from him saying that a deer had hit my car while he was driving.  It occurred on 50 exiting onto 291 by Lee's Summit High School.  If anyone reading this blog knows that area, I too am shocked by the fact that there was a deer present there.
(for all of the cars that I've seen with deer damage, I'd say that mine fared pretty well)

June 8, 2010: Setting up chairs
The Teen Staff are responsible for getting the chapel ready for gathering times during the camp week.  I never knew this, but they often make patterns in the chairs as they set them up.  This night's theme: Atari

June 9, 2010: The MOM Car
Because we have Progressive Car Insurance, we were able to obtain a rental car from the Progressive Center while my car is being worked on.  Behold, my ugly off white/silver Ford Fusion.

June 12, 2010: Oklahoma Joe's
Yeah, I can't even fake put pictures in.  I just totally forgot.  After camp was over for the week, the summer staff decided to venture to Okie Joe's for some good bbq.  However, we had to wait in line for 30 minutes plus.  The wait was worth it.

June 13, 2010: Sam's Jaw
Sam's jaw started hurting him horribly one day.  We don't know from what.  It's a mystery.  Popular theories are TMJ syndrome.  This is his set up for applying warm moist heat.

June 14, 2010: Fritz's (in KC)
In St. Louis, Fritz's equals frozen custard (much like Sheridan's).  In KC Fritz's is a restaurant that is train themed.  I don't even know what they serve.  I miss St. Louis Fritz's.

No comments: