Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Rough Day

So, let's say that I actually gave into the pregnancy hormone craziness yesterday.  I think I've been doing pretty well otherwise in keeping emotions in check, but it just got to me yesterday.

Maybe it was because I only got 3 hours of sleep after work.  Or maybe it was because I was so sure that yesterday was going to be the day.  But, I was mean/upset/bitter/angry.

I guess I was expecting that I would be farther along in the whole getting closer to labor thing.  I couldn't sleep for much more than 3 hours because I was excited for my doctor's appointment.  I mean, if I was already dilated and effaced like I was a week ago, I had to be farther along, right?

Well, nope.  It was frustrating since I'd been having contractions and was feeling worse and worse everyday.  My mom could hear my disappointment in my voice when I called her after the appointment.  My tone had a bite to it when I talked to Sam.  I cried.  I was cold.

My therapy?  Making rice krispy treats.  Yes, it put me back to normal.  Well, I mean, Sam helped rationalize what I was feeling and he's amazing, but there's something about "creating" something that relaxes me.

So, I'm better now and I dreamed that I went into labor last night and then woke up to time and realized it wasn't true.  Now, I'm sitting here and feeling the little guy move around inside me and I'm thankful that I have a little more time with him inside.  Plus, I got to stay in bed until 12:30 today - won't be able to do that much longer.

1 comment:

Jenn's Travelogue Blog said...

I'll be praying it's soon! Hang in there Julie!