Wait, what am I saying? I already am a parent. I have been one basically since I found out I was pregnant a little over a year ago. I was one when I gave up caffeine for the baby's safe development. I was one when I justified drinking it again (ah, he'll be fine, research is conflicting, he'll probably have asthma anyway, SAM). I was a parent when I cried for Chaco's sake that she wouldn't be as doted on (oh shoot, maybe I've been a parent since we got the dog...she's a DOG, Julie). I was a parent when I'd get so mad at bad driver's because they could hurt Russell. I was a parent when, even though I didn't want to be pregnant anymore, I treasured feeling him inside me, stretching away. And that's just when I was pregnant.
If my younger self could see what my "grown up" life is like right now, she'd laugh because it is nothing like what she thought...well, I guess some parts are.
a) Grown up Julie drinks coffee as she watches LIVE! with Kelly (just like Mom)
b) Grown up Julie has a full time job and doesn't just stay home with the baby
c) Grown up Julie and her husband pop each other's pimples after the baby goes to bed
d) Grown up Julie and her husband sit on the couch with the tv off and play Bejeweled Blitz and compare scores and strategies (yes, that is unfortunately true).
I honestly don't know what I pictured when I was younger, but like I said, this doesn't match up with it. And you know what? I don't care. It's so much better! God has truly blessed me with an amazing husband, a sweet sweet little boy, a great dog, family, friends, and a job that I love (amongst other things). I know better than to make my own plans and I'm so thankful that God has so much more planned for me than I can imagine - even if it does include a Dungeons and Dragons playing hubbie and a baby with the smelliest gas around.
My stinky boy


1 comment:
:) A new post! I enjoy your candid voice. I love Sawyer's smile.
Post a Comment