Friday, November 2, 2012

Oh hey there!

That's right, I'm back!  I must have a little time to spare or am trying to avoid something.  OR I have some "BRILLIANT' blog post ideas that I want to share.  Why is the brilliant in the quotation marks, you may ask.  Well, probably because they are only "brilliant" to me and I'm pretty sure they are not original ideas.  And, probably because they're really not that interesting after all.

Anywho, I'm still going to post.  Maybe even everyday for the next few days because I have some good material (in my humble and probably incorrect opinion).

Since Halloween was just two days ago, this will be the subject of this post.  Now, I admit whole heartedly that I used to hate Halloween with a passion.  Well, maybe not a passion but I didn't like it.  Okay, I dressed up when I was younger, but it was never such a great holiday that I was sad when I got "too old" to trick or treat.  Then for quite a few years in a row, I had a bad luck streak on Halloween so it just went down the drain in my opinion.

When Sam and I got married, he was determined to make me at least not HATE Halloween.  He'd take me out to eat or just keep saying, "See! This isn't so bad."  I knew that when I had kids, I would have to probably buck up and try to appear happy about it so they would enjoy the fun of dressing up.

And it's true.  I knew what I was going to dress "Russell" (unborn Sawyer's name if you didn't know that) up as from June on.  I was so excited and made sure that I had it finished before he was born.  It only made/makes sense to camp people, but it's genius.

This Sawyer being "Camp Sam" complete with frisbee and bandana around the leg (two weeks old)

This year, I knew that I still had some freedom to choose Sawyer's costume because he doesn't have much preference on anything other than loving bananas and grapes.  I am very proud of this costume and only had to spend about $7 because everything else was laying around the house.

 I give you Donatello.  

 All I had to buy was yellow fabric for the size 3-6 onesie he wore (yes, he was wearing that in February and it still kind of fits), the green pants that were on sale at Babies R Us, and the brown fabric for the belt.  Woo hoo!  And yes, that is a bike helmet for a shell.

So, yes, I don't hate Halloween now and we had a lot of fun trick or treating and seeing our friends.

No comments: