Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Play Ball...or just stop raining

As many of you know, I am a St. Louis Cardinals fan living in Kansas City.  While I am not the most avid baseball watcher and I really have no idea what the team looks like at the minute, I will continue to root for them whenever they are in town or in the playoffs.  This is why I was so excited when the Royals announced that one of the "Nurses Day at the 'K'" games was going to be a Cards vs. Royals game.  Woo hoo!!  Sam was even interested in going so we signed up for tickets.

As I am writing this, cookies are baking in the oven for tailgating with my coworkers/friends and the rain is coming down while the thunder rolls.  WHAT?!  Oh, don't be surprised.  This the FOURTH Royals game we have had tickets for since moving here and this is the FOURTH game that has had rain associated with it to some degree.  Yeah....it's kind of like our luck with food at weddings.  If you sit with us, be prepared to be served last and get the last bits.

I sure hope it stops raining because I was so excited to go to this game.  If we don't go, then please stop by and help yourself to some cookies.  We have quite a few in our house that I would like to not eat.

No comments: