Saturday, August 15, 2009

Finals Time!!

Well, here we go. It's the weekend before finals which is the week before BREAK! On this lovely Saturday, my plan was to go lay out by a pool (Marta's to be exact) and study while taking in the sun that I haven't taken in all summer long. The plan was also to be productive and not freak out about the Pharmacology final on Monday (since I freaked out about the mid-term).

I drove over to Marta's, got the key from Steve, chatted with Steve and Haley, and drove to the pool. Upon arriving to the pool, I noticed that there was no one there. Hm....that's weird, it's a beautiful day for a trip to the pool. Welp, their loss is my gain.

As I get out of the car, a van pulls up and out comes a mother and three boys. I enter and find myself a great chair directly under the sun, spray on my tanning oil (yes, I need to catch up on the tan so I got some tanning oil), and pull out my notes (thank you, Mike Morgan). As I am studying, I hear, "Mommy, what is that?" "I don't know honey. Boys, get out of the pool, I think it might be poo." WHAT?! I watch the mom walk to the bathroom and wipe her foot.

Moral of the story, the mom saw something at the bottom of the pool (about 20 minutes into their frolicking) and touched it with her foot and it smeared. EWWW!!!! Another family showed up and the dad found another pile of poop by the stairs going into the shallow end. EWWW!!!

So, I left. Dang, plan not coming to fruition, unless you count 30 minutes of laying out. At least I got my Vitamin D for the day.

I contemplated laying on a towel in my yard, but it started raining as I arrived home. Part 1 of my plan = FAIL.

Part 2 = also a fail. I couldn't motivate myself to actually do work until, oh, about, 800pm. I took a nap after washing off my oily goo, chatted with Derrick, got a soda at Sonic, watched Hercules, "studied", watched Aladdin, ate dinner, played Text Twist, and then STUDIED.

It is now 1033pm and I have successfully worked through some charts and written out some notecards.

Dear Lord, please let tomorrow have more successful plans than today.

No comments: