Tuesday, August 4, 2009

WHAT?! Not possible!

I'm done with my SHINE documentation by 7pm on the day of clinicals!!!

What does this mean? (oh wow, I was taken back to Lutheran Confirmation class and Luther's Small Catechism...yikes!)

It means that I won't have to rush home tomorrow after class to document today's day. I won't have to try and remember that conversation I had with my patient as I cleaned him off without trying to gag from his bad smell. I won't have to try and remember what his exact lung sounds were like (dimished with slight expiratory wheezes). I won't have to remember that he didn't actually get his EGD today because his oxygen sats dropped to the 70%s (instead of being in the 90%s). Well, okay, so I really don't have a hard time remembering these things, but I WON'T HAVE TO DO IT TOMORROW!!!

In other news (I feel like I say this every time), Sam's last week at camp is this week. Woo hoo!! I'm so excited to be able to see him everyday instead of having to drive an hour there and back to see him not every day. I'm excited to get a hug from him everyday and to eat meals with him and to watch him play with Chaco. I won't have to worry about her going outside (even though my amazing roommates are all great about letting her out to play), but at least one of her owners will have normal hours. However, I kind of don't want to share the bed again. I got spoiled with a bed to myself, but I really don't mind it. Chaco might. She's gotten to sleep on the bed with me when Sam isn't home. No more, Puppy. I'm sorry.

So yeah. Just a few more weeks until a week break. Can't wait!!

No comments: