Speaking of baking yummy things: I've found a hobby. I think. I've been enjoying baking new yumminess for the past few weeks. Included in the yumminess is: chex mix (x2), baked french beignets, irish soda bread, and one more thing that I can't think of. Something that was healthy...dang, I forget. Something yummy...
Anywho. Tomorrow is my second day of critical care clinical and I'm excited to go. I'm gonna be observing in the Cath Lab all day so hopefully I'll be able to put in some IVs or something. Other than that, I think I'll just be observing. Today, I worked with a man who was diagnosed with Stage IV liver cancer. It makes me sad. Get your colonoscopies people!!!
And, on to pictures:
February 5, 2010: Class feast
Because we had a long day planned for Friday, two of our classmates organized a food day. We had three different soups, yummy bread, cookies, donuts, chex mix, and other desserts. It was glorious.
February 6, 2010: Houlihans
Sam got home from a week long trip to the North and I had a coupon for a free appetizer with the purchase of an entree....SO we went to Houlihan's and split both the appetizer and entree. Yummy!
February 7, 2010: Super Bowl Sunday
Now, I could have taken a picture of everyone who was over (which was the high school youth group plus the Lea's and some others). Instead, I decided to take a picture of the massive pile of shoes in the landing. I think it's a good representation of the large amount of people in the house.


February 8, 2010: Irish Soda Bread
I don't quite understand the soda bread part of it. There is baking soda in it, but most baked items have baking soda within. Anyway, I was watching Food Network (surprise surprise) and Ina Garten made a very easy Irish Soda Bread. I decided that I wanted to make it so I ran to Hy-Vee, bought some buttermilk and made this bread. It is YUMMY! (especially with dried cranberries in it)
February 9, 2010: Teasing Chaco
If you stick your tongue out at Chaco, she will try to lick it. That's what this picture is trying to capture. I think my intense stare at what's going on is funny.


Feburary 10, 2010: LOST
This is the LOST crew who watches each episode every week. I am now interested in the show, since I watched the recap. I've never watched LOST other than that....
February 11, 2010: Homework set up
This is how I was set up to do homework this afternoon. I'm quite proud of myself since all I wanted to do was go to sleep. Homework due tomorrow is done, so I'm happy.


1 comment:
Wow. Way to go. Baking has never been my thing ... I always seem to screw something up. Except cookies, I can make those. And banana bread. And I could probably make the chex mix you referred to. Just keep me away from pies. Ugh.
Anyway, fyi, in a pinch you can avoid a trip to Hy-Vee for buttermilk and add a Tbls of vinegar to slightly less than one cup of milk. :)
You can google all kinds of substitutions. Just a tip!
(found you from Katie at schultz party of four)
Post a Comment