Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patrick's Day

So, I refuse to wear green on St. Patrick's Day.  My husband on the other hand decides to wear multiple shades of green, as you will see in a few pictures.  This day always reminds me of Dr. Hannon, one of my piano teachers...my favorite, actually.  He would tell me the history of St. Patrick's day every year around that time.  He'd also deck himself out in as many shades of green as possible, including a hat.  I miss him a lot.  He was the one who instilled a love of music in me and made me believe that I could go far musically. That is why I'm at least writing this blog post in green (but I'm wearing a black shirt with a black tank top under it).


In other news, and maybe this should be why I like St. Patrick's Day now, I HAVE A JOB!  Mr. Daran Alpough (my favorite person from when I applied to work at Children's Mercy as a Care Assistant because I called him everyday for about a week) called and offered me a position on my floor.  WHAT?!  I know!  I was flustered because I was at the mall with my small group girls (for Tierney's birthday), but I accepted.  I'd interviewed with the Intensive Care Nursery and had a great interview, but I prefer to stay on my floor.  So, I accepted while at the mall in the food court.  YAY!!!!  It is a night shift position, but it's not surprising for a grad nurse, so yay, no more job search for me.  Look out 4 Sutherland, here I come, as a nurse!


March 5, 2010: Kirksville Day at the Capital
I forgot to mention that while I was at the lovely MONA Advocacy Day, I stumbled upon Kirksville Day at the Capital.  I was able to say hi to a friend and peruse student's research.  I also stole this from one of the tables.

March 6, 2010: Tulips
Last fall, Twila and I planted some bulbs.  I got tulips and I forgot what kind she got.  They have begun to poke through the dirt, so I will track the progress weekly. 

March 7, 2010: Bearcats Baseball
Sam and I went down to UCM to watch his brother pitch.  I didn't realize that UCM's team was nationally awesome and Northwest's wasn't.  At least I got a few pictures.

March 8, 2010: Chaco
She just looks cute (and cross eyed)

March 9, 2010: Sophia LeAnn
My wonderful friend Jodi gave birth to her 2nd beautiful child on the 8th and I went to go visit on this day.  I am still a failure at this whole picture taking thing so instead of getting a picture of the baby and her mommy, I got a picture of her big brother, John.  I love that little guy!! (The thing on his head is from bumping it on something, which he seems to do a lot)

March 10, 2010: Jewell Shirt
I bought my first (and probably only ) William Jewell Shirt

March 11, 2010: Chaco's new seat
Sam decided to awkwardly put Chaco in my jacket's hood.  That was a just a TON of awkward.

March 12, 2010: The Global Orphan Project
I attended their Haiti Summit to learn about what they are doing down there.  My friend Jamie went down to Haiti a few weeks after the earthquake on one of their trips.  I feel a tugging on my heart to go with her on her next trip.  I went with some other ladies from church and heard some inspirational stories.  Sam is also interested in going.  I think that would be neat for us.

March 13, 2010: BSN-AT Orientation!
The orientation for the 2011 BSN-AT class was on the 13th.  I remember that day a year ago when Sam and I went to Jewell and learned about how hard the program was and how it would be the hardest year of my life.  Now I agree that this has been a very hard, busy year, but it's been manageable and I've survived and NOW I HAVE A JOB!  This is a picture of the new class.  

March 14, 2010: Bulb update
There are lots of stalks popping up through the dirt!  I wanted to show them all, but it's probably a small picture

March 15, 2010: Happy Spring Break!
I was able to sleep in until 10 and just laid in my bed. 

March 16, 2010: Chaco's toy
So, I worked yesterday and ran out of time so I took a picture of Chaco with her sock.  She loves that thing.  And she looks scary in that picture.

March 17, 2010: Happy St. Patrick's Day

1 comment:

Mandy said...

CONGRATULATIONS JULIE!!! I'm so glad you have a job and on "your" floor nonetheless! That's so wonderful! I can't believe we'll be actual nurses soon, crazy!!