Thursday, March 4, 2010

Almost break time!

Every time I sit down to blog, I think, "Man, I wish I'd blogged more during the week...then I'd remember everything!"  What's sad is that my weeks have become so long that I really do forget what's going on.  This bad habit of not blogging consistently also leads to LONG entries of MANY pictures.  Let's count how many days I forgot to take a picture and have to find a replacement.  :)

In the meantime, before the pictures, I've decided that I don't like coffee anymore.  But I love tea.  I don't know if giving up soda was a good idea because I might not like that anymore either and I don't think that's the point of lent.  I've also committed to praying for my girls when I think about soda (which is still often).  It's convenient because I have 7 girls and 7 days in a week.  Yay!  That has not been as successful.  Adding on something to my day is harder than giving something up.  Yikes!

One more week until Spring Break.  I'm excited to have a break, but I also know that I should probably work.  We'll see what the schedule looks like.

Time for some pictures.  I want to get my work done so I can get to bed early for clinical tomorrow.

February 22, 2010: Happy Birthday Mom!
That's the not the picture actually, but as we drove home on the 2st it started icing over.  Our railing in front of the house was covered and it was beautiful.

February 23, 2010: Jefferson City
We had to go to Advocacy Day at the Capitol for nursing students on the 24th.  Instead of waking up really early on Wednesday and driving over, a bunch of us went down the night before and stayed in a motel.  It was a night full of fun.  This is a picture of me with a toilet in the Irish Pub we went to.  Go Cardinals!

February 24, 2010: MONA Advocacy Day
A day full of talking to legislators about issues that I care about concerning nursing.  At least that's what I was supposed to do.  I did get a picture of the Missouri House before I got in trouble for taking pictures.
The guy on the right is the one who told me "No Pictures!"

February 25, 2010: Clinical Uniform
Yup, we have to wear white scrubs for clinical.  At least it's not for much longer.

February 26, 2010: Thickened Liquids
During post-conference (where we talk about our clinical days) on the 25th, it was somehow brought up that it might be a good idea to try thickened liquids...the ones that people who have trouble swallowing "drink."  I don't want to admit that it was me, but it might have been.  AND it wasn't a good idea.  This is a picture of the thickened water....YUCKY!!!!!!!!!

February 27, 2010: Teen Staff Reunion + Feed the Hunger
I love these people! And I love Feed the Hunger.  This was taken after Cameron messed up the packaging process.

February 28, 2010: Sleepy family
Whenever I let Chaco out before I leave, she curls up with Sam and falls back asleep.  She doesn't do that to me.  Sad day.  But I thought she was curled up really funny.  It doesn't really come across funny looking, but I have no other pictures from the 28th.

March 1, 2010: Tea Time

March 2, 2010: Grocery Day!

March 3, 2010: Crosswords
For Christmas, my mom got me a calendar that has the Chicago Tribune puzzles in it.  The problem is that I am horrible at Sudoku and Crossword puzzles.  Thank goodness for the words games.  I can do those at least.

March 4, 2010: Clinical Paperwork
That is my homework staring me in the face.  Better get on it!

No comments: