Monday, April 12, 2010

Homework and Disc Golf

Okay, so the disc golf hasn't really occurred yet, but it's coming up.  This weekend has been filled with homework and planning this event with my Legacy group.  Let me explain.  Before graduating from the William Jewell Nursing program, we must plan a project that leaves a legacy on the campus community or Kansas City area.  My original idea was to plan an Ultimate Frisbee tournament but after discussion and realizing that we did not have sufficient funds for this, we decided to plan a disc golf event to benefit Ronald McDonald Charities of Kansas City.  It is Saturday, April 17th, at Swope Park from 9am-4pm.  Anyone is welcome to come and play a round of disc golf.  A $10 donation is suggested and participants who donate will receive a free disc, lunch, and be entered in a raffle for prizes.


Okay, there is my shameless plug to the 2 people who actually read my blog.


On to pictures.  The better part of my blog.


April 6, 2010: Miracle Nail Goop
I've gotten into a kick of painting my nails again and have found some wonderful nail stuff.  It's a quick dry top coat and literally dries my wet nails in 30 seconds!  It's so amazing!

April 7, 2010: Tulip update
Okay, there are going to be 2 tulip updates because they are blooming fast and I didn't want to miss anything.  The orange and yellow bloomed first.

April 8, 2010: Sleeping with my dog
Sam laid Chaco in an awkward position and she fell asleep with me like this (well, it's staged but looks real, right?)

April 9, 2010: Sam's game
Sam decided that a fun game to play was throw stuff at each other.  Well, I didn't want to play anymore so he threw the couch cushions at me until I was covered.  And I almost fell asleep under everything because I was exhausted.

April 10, 2010: More tulips
We have pink tulips!

April 11, 2010: Happy Birthday, Megan!
My wonderful friend Megan turned 25 today.  We gathered together for her "Quarter-Life Crisis" celebration.  I'm so thankful for her friendship and that we have established a close one after knowing each other at Truman and working together there.

No comments: