Wednesday, May 27, 2009

encouraging stuff

So today was a little stressful because we had two quizzes and lots of miscommunication. But the problems were resolved and I think the quizzes turned out better than expected.

As I am at the mid-week point of week #2 for this program, I see a lot of my fellow students getting very stressed out. I know that I am still overwhelmed and am feeling a little stress, but I am so thankful for my circumstances. Even though I hate the idea of being away from Sam this summer, I'm thankful because that distraction is not there (and we all know Sam can be a BIG and great distraction). Even though I miss having a place that is my own, I am thankful to be living with wonderful friends and being in a house that I feel totally comfortable in. Even though there is a lot of work to do in a little time for school, I am thankful to be a program that is only one year so that I can be a nurse that much sooner.

My women's small group is reading a book called Chazown which is from the Hebrew meaning a dream, revelation, or vision. The book is about finding your own Chazown. Now, I'm not gonna lie...I am totally falling behind in the reading because I just don't think reading another book is relaxation from reading my textbooks (sometimes), but in the first section, the author describes exactly how I feel right now. He says:

"I'll be your life is busy. Mine is, too. For me, raising six small chidren is challenging enough. Add to it the task of leading a large church with multiple campuses, and I often don't know if I'm coming or going.
My friends ask, "Craig, how do you do it all? Aren't you afraid you'll burn out?"
I can say with all honesty that my job and my family are never burdens. Sometimes I get tired. But I'm nowhere near burnout.
Why? Because this is what God created me to do. I have no doubt about it. I'm wired for this. This is the vision God put in me. And when God gives you His vision, He also gives you the ability to get it done. When you're living God's vision for your life, you spring out of bed with excitement. When someone asks if you like what you do, you shout "I love it!"
(Chazown by Craig Groeschel)

That is how I feel. Well, not with the whole multi-campus church and 6 kids thing, but with this crazy nursing program and nursing career. This is what God has wired me to do. This is the path He is leading me down. And I know He will provide. Now, I'm not gonna stop studying (I will study my little heart out), but I'm not gonna worry (too much) either.

(note to self: proofread before publishing so one doesn't have to edit her posts 4 times)

No comments: