Saturday, May 30, 2009

week 2...check!

Alright, it's Friday of week 2, but does that mean my week is over? Oh no, of course not! We have open lab tomorrow because (cue scary music) our head-to-assessments are Tuesday. Tuesday at 10 to be exact, but I'll just think about the whole day right now. What are head-to-toe assessments, you ask. Well, when you go to the doctor or hospital, the nurse looks you over and reports anything abnormal to the doctors. Welp, I am learning what the nurses do when they look you over. I am using my stethoscope, a lot, an otoscope (the thing that goes in your ear), the ophthalmoscope (the eye instrument that makes the nurse get really close to your face), reflex hammer, and a few other supplies. Yikes!

Twila hosted a piano recital for some friends today. It was a lot of fun. I haven't performed solo music in quite awhile and it actually felt good. AND, I didn't play it perfectly, but I still feel good about my playing. Maybe because I knew I hadn't put forth the effort I should have.

After the recital was over I went to finish up preparation for practicing my assessment. Jason told me to take a break tonight. Maybe in a few weekends when I actually see Sam again. Haha

Anyway, good recital. Good people. I hate homework. (but I love my lab partner!)

1 comment:

Mandy said...

And your lab partner loves you! Seriously this day would have be AWFUL if you weren't my partner. Thanks for great conversation, encouragement and studying!! You'll do great! I'm still shocked at how fast you memorized the cranial nerves. shoot girl.