Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thank yous

For our pinning ceremony, we had to write a little 100 word or less diddy that would be read as we walked across the stage.  In it we were supposed to say whatever we wanted to those who supported us on our journey through school.  This is what I came up with originally, even though it got messed up at pinning.

"They said our AT class would become a family, and they were right.  Thank you guys for the support, love, laughs, and encouragement.  I could make a cheesy High School Musical reference, but I won’t.
Thank you also to my family and friends for supporting me and Sam through this crazy year for us and all of you. 


Lastly, thank you, Sam, for putting up with my highs and lows, moments of calm and crazy, smiles and sobs.  You have encouraged, helped, and loved me through it all. 


But seriously, friends…we were all in this together."

But if I would have had longer than 100 words and would have really thought about it (since I was so overwhelmed with everything when I wrote it), this is more what I would have said...maybe I'll keep it under 100 words still.
"Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for granting me the ability to survive this crazy program.  Please bless these hands as I begin this new ministry you have called me to.  Use me as your vessel to care for my patient not only physically but also spiritually.  
Thank you for Sam who was my rock through this year.  Thank you for giving him the patience to put up with me through all of the tears and craziness.  Hopefully there won't be any more trips to crazy town.  Thank you also for his humor, joy, and love for me.  
Thank you for our family who have been gracious.  They've understood that our trips home had to be few and far between.  They've sent cards of encouragement and never once said, "I told you so" about being a nurse after I said that I would never be one.  Please heal them as this has been a year of medical visits.  Good thing you called me to be a nurse!
Thank you for giving us friends who have been more than amazing.  Thank you for friends who are vegetarians but grill the most amazing steaks ever.  Thank you for friends who offered their home to us in exchange for causing their neighbors to think they're a drug house.  Thank you for friends who watch Chaco and because of that, she likes them better than us.  Thank you for high school girls who bring joy into my life and made my problems seem silly in comparison to theirs.  The growth that they have experienced this year is amazing and it provided me with hope to get through this year.
Lord, I am so thankful for the gift of my classmates.  We were told we'd become a family and boy did you provide me with another family.  I am so honored to know all of those amazing people.  God, you provided a sister in Christ who encouraged me beyond belief.  She provided support at those times I needed it most and she understood what I was going through.  Thank you for friends who provided laughter, tears, hope, and the plain truth. 
And finally, thank you for High School Musical, Glee, and Chaco.  Without these things, I would have been done for.  Amen."

It would have been something like that.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

It's so wonderful to look at the last year and see God's hand and how He orchestrated everything! Thank you for your kind words dear friend!! I love you!!