I am done with school, mostly, and will be walking across the stage TOMORROW to be pinned as a nurse. Yay! A friend asked me what it means if I wouldn't take the NCLEX...what could I do with it. Welp, I said that I'd just have a lot of knowledge and skills that I couldn't practice with. With that said, I will be taking the boards as soon as I have the go ahead and I can't wait. I hope I can get it in before I start working as a nurse on June 8th. Until then, I'll be working 2 days a week as a tech to bring in some money (and to keep me from getting super bored).
I'm tired right now because it has been storming out. Storming means that I have a scared dog who cries if she's in her crate and paces if she is on the bed. Last night (at 2:30am) she wanted out of the room, so I let her go where she wanted. We went downstairs and she paced between a comfortable pillow and wedged between me and the couch arm. I guess she thinks it's the safest place because the thunder is muffled and you can't see the lightning if the lights are on. Needless to say, we returned to the room and I played games on my phone until the storm subsided and the dog stopped pacing.
And now onto pictures:
May 5, 2010: Studying hard for my last final
May 6, 2010: Youthfront Commissioning Service
We went out to the Philgreen house which has a beautiful lake in the backyard for the annual commissioning service before camp season starts. It was full of fun and laughter and prayer over each group. I paused in the middle of prayer to snap a picture.
May 7,8,9,10, 2010: Building the shed
I'm going to give progress pictures of the same thing because it was an amazing feat of teamwork to finish the shed before the rain came. Aidan even got in on the action when she and Kai were over.
May 11, 2010: Making cards
I decided to write some notes to my classmates. Instead of going out and buying nice notecards, I out envelopes from the pages of one of my books that I used to study for my management final. I hope they like them!
May 12, 2010: Delivering the check to Ronald McDonald House Charities
We're done with our Legacy Project!
P.S. My eyes look super Asian-y in this picture

No comments:
Post a Comment