Sunday, May 2, 2010

Happy May!

Wow, I am not creative.  As I was typing in the title to this post, "Happy April" popped up.  Oops.  Well, yes, happy May.  It's been a good one so far complete with a Solitude Retreat, D&D Widows Club, and great conversation with my good friend Megan.

Less than two weeks until school is over and I couldn't be more excited.  I have a lot still to go (3 exams, including 2 finals, a presentation...well, okay, maybe not a lot) but I'm ready to be done.  But then, I won't be able to rest easy because, dun, dun, dun, I have boards to study for.  Yikes!

I had all of these great thoughts this weekend and I think they have all left me so I will not shower you with wisdom.  Instead, I will give you some pictures from the first two days of May.

May 1, 2010: Women's Solitude Retreat
Now, let me start with the fact that it rained the whole time we were at Powell Gardens and as soon as we were heading home, the clouds parted and out came Mr. Sun.  Grrr...
Anyway, this picture is where I would have sit if it had not been raining.  I just think it's a beautiful place surrounded by the beauty of my Lord.  It would have been a good place to sit and listen and worship and be in awe of His love and power.

May 2, 2010: What is this?!
I saw this in the bathroom stall at Paradise Park when I made my way over there with Megan and Angie after church.  Now, I don't know about anyone else, but I only usually use the stalls in public places if I really (REALLY) have to go.  I don't think I'd ever have time to strap my child into this contraption before peeing my pants.  I'm just saying...don't think it would ever happen.

No comments: