Monday, January 4, 2010

January 4th

The crappiest day in my life is what January 4th should be called.  Okay, fine.  A little overdramatic, but it wasn't the greatest by any means.  Here is the timeline:

6:10am: Sam wakes me up, "I think that's your alarm going off," in reference to the very quiet static noise coming from the alarm clock.

7:15am: As I go out to the car in my snow boots, my pants start their trend of the day of staying outside the dryness of the boots and instead drag on the ground.  After brushing the snow off my car, I realized that the inside of the car was dusted with snow too.  Prayed that my pants didn't get too wet.

8:10am: Realized I had a lot of time so decided to be smart and get gas before having to drive all over for clinical orientation.  Said to self, "you're only pumping gas, so you can leave your keys in the ignition and make sure the door is unlocked.

8:15am: While pumping gas, decided to clean windows because they were salty.  After realizing the salt was on the inside (due to earlier mentioned dusting), I proceeded to clean the inside of my window.  Returned squeegee to holder, tried to open Jeep door and found a locked car.  WITH KEYS AND PHONE AND EVERYTHING ELSE BUT DEBIT CARD INSIDE!!!

Speaking of: Here is January 4, 2010's photo (edited):  Pump 11 at the Liberty QT

I put 5 hours on the picture, but it was actually 6 hours

8:20am: go into QT and make phone calls to Sam who is taking care of the dead black car (hence the reason I had the Jeep).

8:45am: after millions of calls and inability to reach friend with AAA, I call another friend (oh yeah, had to have Jason get on my computer to get friend's phone numbers and write them on my hand) and she picks me up and we drive to school.

9:10am:  Late to class.  With nothing but my debit card and my snowboots (moonboots) with my nice dress clothes.  Try not to cry.

11:20am: awesomest friend in the program calls AAA and gets tow truck to come to unlock car (within two hours).

11:40am: Orientation for first clinical site on campus (goes smoothly).  After, have to re-fill out clinical paperwork that is locked in my car (finished).

12:30pm: meet up with friends at Pizza Shoppe (no eating) after hitching a ride with another wonderful friend.  No tow truck call yet.  Driven to Liberty HS for next clinical orientation.

1:45pm: driven by Asian buddy back to QT and meet up with said friend with said AAA.  Buy hotdog and 32oz. Coke and ruin whatever diet I tried to start today.  Go to Starbucks.

2:15pm: friend gets call from tow truck.  Rush from Starbucks to QT.  Tow truck-er takes 5 seconds to unlock car.  Thank profusely.

2:20pm: Drive to Jewell to hand in remaining clinical paperwork.

2:34pm: Leave Jewell's campus to drive to North KC Hospice Orientation

3:05pm: Arrive late to orientation after interesting conversation with Sam (and the black car is still not fixed).

4:00pm: head back to Liberty to pick up a textbook I'm borrowing from a great Traditional track student.

5:30pm: get home and take a breath and realize the bottom of my pants are super salty from playing in the snow instead of staying dry in my boots.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I CANNOT BELIEVE YOUR FRIEND DIDN'T ANSWER THE PHONE WHEN YOU WERE IN NEED! SOME PEOPLE! I told my mom today that AAA should be paying me because I feel like I'm turning a lot of people onto them! It's definitely worth it! Sorry things got so crazy today, here's to hoping (aka praying) that tomorrow is calmer and goes more according to plan!

Micah said...

yikes!