Monday, January 18, 2010

Ready, Set, Appraisal

So, we are in the midst of getting the house ready for an appraiser to come tomorrow (I guess it's actually today since it's 12:39am).  The bathroom has been redone, our basement room has a door, and all of our boxes are finally gone and all that was in the boxes is now in rubbermaid tubs.  The house does look nice and is very clean.  I even scrubbed a tub....the last time I did that, I got nauseous and dizzy from the Comet fumes.

Because of this cleaning frenzy, I forgot my brother's adoption birthday.  No, that's not true, I always forget his adoption birthday because I always think it's January 17th instead of January 15th.  What happens then is on the 17th, I always realize, "Oh dang! His adoption birthday is the 15th."  And this happens every year, even when I have reminders in my planners.  I just can't understand what my mental block with that is.  Anyway, I'm the worst sister, but HAPPY BELATED ADOPTION BIRTHDAY, BROTHER (if you even read this).
(side note:  I also call our adoption birthdays our "Watson" birthdays because they are the days we became Watsons.  I guess that means my wedding anniversary could technically be called my "Theismann" birthday....)

With a new blog theme, clean basement (with pictures hung), and feelings of being the worst sister ever, here are my pictures for the past few days.

January 15, 2010: Cheesecake Factory!
(I really need to get better at taking pictures in places)
I received a gift card for the Cheesecake Factory after playing piano for my beautiful friend Amanda's wedding AND we got a gift card for Christmas from my brother and his wife so we splurged and had a great date night.  This is me with the leftovers


January 16, 2010: Remodeling and an Ostomy
Not really an ostomy, but while I watched Twila cut the circle out of the blue plastic around where the toilet bowl should go, all I could think of is cutting a phlange/wafer to fit a stoma perfectly.  I know, I'm a geeky nurse (almost nurse).



January 17, 2010: Hopes and Dreams for the future
For my small group, we were required to bring a bag with items that represent our hopes and dreams for the future.  I'm not gonna explain everything, but you can guess.



Well, I better see if I can help out before Mr. Appraiser comes!

No comments: