January 24, 2010: Feed the Hunger
Youthfront, the organization Sam works for, has this initiative called Feed the Hunger that usually provides packaged food to people in Africa. Because of the devastation in Haiti, Feed the Hunger has taken up arms to provide lots and lots of meals to the people over there. The high schoolers in our church collected money during church to be able to package food. I heard they collected over $2000 but I could be wrong. With the money, they purchased bags to fill with food. Each bag provided a meal for 6 people which meant with the amount I said, they could feed about 10,000. That's amazing. We, as leaders, didn't think we had enough time to get through all of the bags we could purchase, but the group was AWESOME and filled all of them. I am including two pictures so you can see what the packages look like and then the group from Sunday. Thank you friends!
(if you would like more information on Feed the Hunger, go here)
January 25, 2010: Nursing friends
God has been amazing and has blessed me with some great friends in nursing. Now, because we are a small class, I feel like I have a new, extended family in everyone, but these two ladies are very special to me. Brooke and I became friends when we were lost together, trying to find our nursing group on campus. She is so sweet and caring and I love spending time with her. Mandy and I became friends over email before the program started when she asked if I was Christian because I'd mentioned that Sam is a youth pastor. She was an answer to prayer in finding a Christian sister to hold me accountable and lift me (and my family) up in prayer. You can read her random thoughts here (she's very funny).
Excuse the horrible picture of me. Also, if you want to take a trip to Sanibel Island, Florida, check out Mandy's family's condo HERE
January 26, 2010: Why I have to take the medcalc test again
No comments:
Post a Comment